Monday, July 28, 2014

I Love the Smell of Coffee...

I should probably admit that I am addicted to Pinterest.  I could do spend hours just searching over everything and anything.

I had this coffee and candle vase pinned for months.  After looking at it over and over, I suddenly knew I needed to try and replicate it.  

My inspiration:


First off, I needed to find a glass vase/container.  I knew I didn't want one with a lid, that looked too messy.  I wanted it this to sit on a coffee table (no pun intended) and didn't want to be chasing beans all over the house.  I found mine at Jo-Ann Fabrics back in the floral section.  They actually have lots of different sizes and shapes.   In fact, I even got the candle there. I chose a birthday cake vanilla scented one.

And the most important part...the coffee.  The smell of coffee brewing and even coffee beans themselves have to be one of my top 5 scents.  To me there is something peaceful and soothing about the smell of coffee.  To really get the strong coffee smell, I headed over to Caribou Coffee to get their dark roast beans.  Yes, it was a lot more expensive to buy three bags of coffee from a coffee house but it was well worth it.

Here is my finished project.



Sorry for the bad lighting, but you get the idea.   I love it.  It is in the living room near the front door to our house and you get a whiff of coffee when you walk in the door.  Every time I vacuum I give the beans a swirl to bring out the scent even more.  I do have to admit that I haven't lit the candle yet. It is just to cute to disturb.

No comments:

Post a Comment